Tuesday, November 30, 2010

RETROSPECTING

I nearly reached the climax of one phase of my life. I am about to shed the image of a gawky teenager and wear the image of a dame. I already let my collection of long earrings, of different shapes, sizes and colors that I neatly arrange in my jewelry boxes, to settle in some inaccessible place of my wardrobe. Chick dresses in my wardrobe go down the heap. In a couple of months I will be graduating out of my college.

This particular book, ‘cloud nine minus one’, that I just read somehow made me want to retrospect into my journey so far. I just reflect upon the episodes that have taken place in the transformation of a chubby and naïve schoolgirl to a not so chubby and not so naïve about to graduate woman.

Under the aegis of my school, little did I know about the expanse of the world around and the potpourri of emotions that are to be unraveled. From being a star kid at school to groping for identity at college, life throws all of it at you. I just can’t stop marveling at the volume of lore one is subjected to take in from schooling to graduation. It feels like living a hundred lives in such a short span. (Life takes a snail’s speed after college and after one can start predicting tomorrow with greater percentage of accuracy.) It is because may be we are still entitled to dream, wish and work for them to come true. I remember telling my friends way back in 12’Th grade, after reading five point some one, that we must write out story too. Though we didn’t have much fodder for the book back then, but it could have surely been high on emotions if written. It was again during my engineering that I wanted to write a book again. This one surely has fodder and with a little fiction to it and good writing, it has the potential of becoming a bestseller if written and a major box office hit if filmed.

Every one coming out of college have their own story to tell. I have my own too, filled many adventures and a few misadventures. I had my share of pie with all the necessary ingredients that makes it so special. The laughter, the silent wink, those notes passed, jealousy of sharing a friend, keeping some ones secret with you and yours with the other, tears of joy and pain, lending a ear to the rumors, fear, anxiety and hope. All these and many more that makes the pie what it is.

After completing my last read I have this ‘Eureka’ expression on my face, for I finally figure out why I come across so many books based on campus experiences. This is the time when childhood makes its way to adolescence, and adolescence to adulthood which is way more than a rollercoaster ride. So it is actually not a wonder to see so many, and many well received scripts dwelling on this subject exist. Thanks to all those adept people with pen to go with the urge to narrate their story, and less adept like me still discuss this prospect with friends.

The curtains are going to come down on this act of the play. The curtains will raise gain, and a new one will begin. I don’t know how it is going to shape up nor the line of story that will unfold, but there is one thing for certain. When the next act begins I will be an experienced actor. Though I have not mastered the skill, I can still claim to be a tad bit more knowledgeable that I was yesterday. There are lessons learnt and bruises still bearing the scar, but I know I have those special people ‘FRIENDS’ in my life who I can always count on. It is my school pals who inspire me to take on life and rack up something so that I can celebrate that joy with them, and there is family who always welcome us back open arms despite all our follies. So this is just a crescendo and I am looking forward to tomorrow with new found sagacity. Here I am in love with life yet again.

1 comment:

anotherlostsoul said...

woahhhhhh!!!! nice to read that last line... keep to it. luv.